The amended law of 28 July 2018 on the social inclusion income, which came into force on 1 January 2019, established a Social Policy Observatory under the authority of the Minister responsible for combating poverty and social exclusion.
The Observatory's missions, provided for in art. 38 of the aforementioned law, are
- the proposal of quantitative and qualitative studies and analyses in the field of social policies;
- the conceptualisation and implementation of actions in order to evaluate social policies;
- the elaboration of interim assessments and synthesis work;
- the establishing of international comparisons.
The Observatory is composed of a representative of an organisation specialised in socio-economic research as well as representatives of ministries working in the field of social policies. A list of its members can be found by clicking the present link.
- Single parenthood notice (French only)
- Recommendations on the non-use of social benefits (French only)