In order to implement the law of 23 August 2023 on intercultural living together, the Integration Department of the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region is launching a call for projects entitled "Promoting intercultural living together", aimed at funding projects that promote intercultural living together in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
The 2024 call for projects has two focuses:
Workstream 1: Promoting the participation of cross-border workers
One of the novelties of the law on intercultural living together is that it applies to all people living or working in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. This means that cross-border workers are now also covered by the implementation of this policy. In this context, the present call for projects aims to identify the needs in terms of participation of cross-border workers, and to propose activities promoting exchanges between cross-border workers and residents.
In particular, this refers to projects that aim:
- At carrying out consultations, surveys and/or needs analyses to encourage the active participation of cross-border workers in social and cultural life in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and more specifically in the municipality where they work.
- At developing activities to discover the country and promote active participation in life in Luxembourg and, in particular, in the municipality where they work.
- At developing activities to bring together people who live and work in Luxembourg.
Workstream 2: Citizens' Pact and Intercultural Living Together Program - Development of model modules
The law on intercultural living together also allows all people living and working in Luxembourg to join a Citizens' Pact that provides access to the Program for intercultural living together. The aim of this call is to fund projects that complement the program by providing model modules. Preference will be given to projects that aim to create and form networks of multipliers and develop tools that facilitate the permanent use of the modules, as well as modules offered at a municipal or regional level.
In particular, this refers to projects that address the following:
- Projects that provide a deeper understanding of life in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, its history and its cultural heritage.
- Projects aimed at promoting the values of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
- Projects aimed at promoting the range of social, economic, political or cultural activities and encouraging citizen participation.
The call for projects provides funding starting from 10,000 euros per project.
Details of the call for projects as well as the forms are available on the website www.famille.gouvernement.lu.
Deadline for submitting project applications is 10 January 2024.
Two information sessions will be held on Wednesday, 15 November 2023 at 3 pm and Tuesday 12 December 2023 at 10 am.
Representatives of associations without direct links to political parties and trade unions, private organizations, public institutions, professional chambers and training institutes/research centers are invited to confirm their participation at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating which session they wish to attend.
Press release by the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region